Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Freshly squeezed 24th Feb

Hello and welcome to my new segment "Freshly Squeezed". In these posts I'm going to be serving up some fresh juice for you to shake in your multimedia cocktail. Every week I'll be bringing you my favourite websites, videos, music, and anything else that captures my fancy. So without further ado, grab a drink and enjoy this weeks "Freshly Squeezed".

Some of the boys in my hometown have recently gotten into some solo dancing, and so to celebrate the fact that us ladies may get to perve on the boys snake hipping it (I mean, observe with academic interest...of course), here is a sweet video of Al Minns and Leon James, filmed in 1961. An oldie but a goodie.




So many people ask me about my hair when I do it in a vintage style. With practice it is actually quite easy to do and helps you stand out in a crowd! This youtuber has loads of easy and clear tutorials, and is my first point of reference when looking for inspiration for a new do. Check out ilovegerado.

Finally, I was thrilled to discover that iTunes has a huge collection of Ella Fitzgerald (a whopping 250 songs!) for just $18.00! Woah! The album is called 'The Complete Ella Fitzgerald Songbook', and whilst a lot of songs aren't suitable for dancing, there is a load of gems in there with some great live tracks. And who doesn't love Ella, seriously?

That's all for this week folks, if you have a suggestion for "Freshly Squeezed" email thelunarlounge@gmail.com.

Happy Dancing! Luna

The Lunar Lounge:all the vintage dance lovin' you'll ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment